Thursday 10 October 2013

how to create stage blood


How to create stage blood


Hello everyone and welcome to another how to blog by me, Zoe.

This week my blog is going to look at how to create coagulated stage blood that will go nicely with the scar I showed you how to make last week.

This coagulated (thick, old blood) can be made using everyday household food items.  But be warned, this blood will not set and contains food colourings, so please use carefully.

Firstly you will need a few items, such as corn flour, red and green food colouring, glycerine, golden syrup, a mixing bowl and a stirrer.


First, start by placing your golden syrup into your mixing bowl.  Measure out accordingly to the size and amount of cuts you want to cover.  Mine is only small so I will not need a great deal.



Next add about 2 drops of glycerine into your syrup and mix together, this helps the syrup to flow better.




After that add in some corn flour, again how much you use depends on the amount your making.  You want the corn flour to really thicken up the mixture, so keep adding little by little until its at a good consistency.





Once your base mix is all done, you can then start adding the food colouring.





Add small amounts of red at a time and mix until you have a solid colour.





Then start adding the green.  This helps make the blood a more realistic colour.  You don’t need a lot of green so again I would add small amounts at a time and mix until I am happy with the colour.





At this stage the blood is good to go.  However I will continue to show you how effective it is when used in conjunction with my scar make up. 

Using a small brush apply some of your fake blood into the scar wound you have created (for instructions on how to do this please visit my previous post).






You will now have a gory scar that will freak out your friends and family.

If you want to create some fresher and more runny blood then please follow the previous steps, but DO NOT add any corn flour, instead add water to thin out the blood.  You will also need to use less green as fresh blood is a brighter red.
 

I hope you have enjoyed my post and if you want to see what else I have been creating then please check out my site at



Thanks for watching

No comments:

Post a Comment